Sunday, February 7, 2016

Thoughts from Marv

It is 7AM in Greece and we are in the air to Zurich. A two hour layover there then off to Chicago. The time has gone by quickly yet slowly as I have been able to see God so clearly through the events of the past week. He showed up in travel ease and on time flights. He showed up in the beauty and majesty of the land we visited. He showed up in the lives of the extremely dedicated individuals who went before us as long term missionaries and remain behind us as we return home. He showed up in the eyes of grateful/hopeful Islamic refugees from Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, and Syria who thanked us for the little we did. Parents and singles alike, PEOPLE, whom my GOD loves and has moved in a mass exodus of fear and hope to a land of freedom. People whom I pray, one day, will have the ability to understand the depth of the love of the one, true God who gave His only begotten son for their redemption! He showed up God in the hugs and smiles of the children. He showed up in the long, gripping handshake of a tall, proud mid eastern father with his family as he pronounced an Arabic blessing on me! He showed up in the hearts of several young people, both in our group and the group we joined, as they served alongside this "old man" with joy and dedication, desperately wanting to be "obedient" to our Savior's call and searching for that direction, open to elderly guidance! What a privilege to touch and be touched. 

I came on the trip, looking to break from my routine and be close to my God! And this my family, my friends, my faithful prayer warriors is what happened. My God, who promised to never leave me not forsake me, reached down from heaven this past week and wrapped His loving arms around me and whispered in my ear, 
"Do you love me? Yes Lord, I love you!, 
Do you love me? Yes Lord, you know I love you! 
And then a third time, Do you love me? Yes Lord, and I will follow you WHEREVER you lead me!
Thank you Jesus!  

No comments:

Post a Comment